Sunday, March 22, 2009

First Major Boo-Boo

Isaiah and I were outside playing this afternoon and he tripped (partly because of the cracks in our driveway but partly because of me- I feel terrible). He scraped his lip which of course starts gushing blood; the mouth wounds can be the worst. I race him inside and with the help of Adam got a cold rag on the scrapes to try and stop the bleeding. He is crying, I am upset, and we have blood all over. Welcome to the wonderful world of toddler boys! Finally, we get the bleeding stopped and him calmed down. But his lip is very swollen. At first I think it felt funny to him, but through out the rest of the night, I think he forgot all about his ouchy.
Here he is, asleep after all the trauma :)

And here he is, back to his fun-lovin' self! When he smiles it doesn't look quite as bad.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

You poor thing....pretty soon he'll think wounds like that are "cool". :)

mommyjoymarie said...

Poor little guy! Glad he got over it pretty quick!

Heather said...

awwweee, poor baby and mommy!